I have worked in East New York for almost 2 years now. I am so used to everything that I forget what a crazy place it is. I needed to get some pictures of the neighborhood for one of my lessons so I hid my camera inside my coat with the lens sticking out. (You need to be careful... I have seen people get shot for less than a stick of gum in this place.) I can't even begin to tell you the not-normal things I have seen and experienced here. 



Wednesday, January 27, 2010
East New York
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Lindsay, you're my hero!
You're a brave soul. I couldn't do it. I am scared of living in white upper middle class suburbia Texas because of the surrounding areas. You're amazing.
Yikes! I feel like I would be so scared going to work there every day! Seriously.
Okay and half-marathon. Hmm. I am really tempted. I like the idea of getting back in shape. Especially since we are going to Hawaii May 15th - 22nd which would be right before the race on May 30th, so I'd be all ready for a swimsuit vacation. But honestly I feel like I don't have time to train for something like that. I think I could do it though. Maybe I should stop being lazy. I will ponder this and get back to you.
Lindsay, I can't believe you've done it for so long. It's so overwhelming just to think about it, but you look at it in the face everyday. Tough cookies! You are amazing. I'm not just saying that to make you feel good, I'm saying it because it's true!
PS - I'm so happy you and Angie are friends! Seeing her comment made me smile. I love when friends are friends. yayay for NY friends!!
okay, i'm in! ahhh!
Post a Comment