HELP!!!!
On November 1, I am running 26.2 poverty-fighting miles in the N.Y.C. Marathon for Team Robin Hood. I have never really thought or wanted to run a marathon but when this opportunity arose I couldn't pass it up.
In addition to the physical challenge of running a marathon, I have decided to take on the challenge of raising $2,500 to help raise money for my school. Robin Hood is one of my school's largest donators and I have experienced firsthand the effects that their donations have on my students.
I know times are tight but any amount will help. An anonymous donator has generously agreed to match each of my donations!!
I hope you will consider supporting me. Your gift will not only inspire me to cross the finish line, but more importantly will help give children a better education and a better chance at life. Please visit my race webpage at:
http://www.robinhood.org/give-tribute/gift-registry/registry.aspx?r=LindsayMStaples
On the day of the race all donators will be invited to Robin Hood's block party at mile 20. The Mile 20 Block Party is complete with a giant JumboTron, a fantastic DJ, t-shirts and bleacher seating.
Thank you so much for your support!
P.S. You can learn more about Robin Hood by visiting www.robinhood.org. Because Robin Hood's board underwrites all operating costs, all donations to Robin Hood are 100% tax-deductible.
I know this is tacky bogging but I am desperate for donations!
Monday, September 14, 2009
HELP!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Not tacky at all. People ask for advice, ideas and even babies on their blogs. Where's the block party? I'm in!
PS - Eli really wants to see you.
Count us in! Wish we could be there to see you cross the finish line. Go Linz----
MOM
I love hearing about all your great adventures and all the things you're doing in life! Sure wish we could make a trip out to see you. Maybe someday, maybe someday!
No prob Linz!!! Good luck and have a BLAST!!!
Post a Comment