Monday, September 7, 2009

El Sal (part One)

I am so blessed to have a husband that puts up with all my crazy adventures and spontaneous ideas. Robert and I spent a month in El Salvador doing developmental work with an organization called HELP International, they are the same organization I went to Africa with. The month consisted of sweaty days, rainy evenings, and humid nights and we loved every wonderful, miserable minute of it.
We went there with the intentions that I would do education work and Robert would do medical work but the projects they had were so incredible we wanted to be part of everything. We worked in hospitals, schools, built houses, planted gardens, free eye care clinics, worked in orphanages, and lots of other projects.
Even though the days were long and full of hard work, we both agree it was very relaxing, self reflecting trip. We forgot all about New York, medical school, and just the taxing realities of life and just enjoy serving. We are rejuvenated and ready to take on this next intense year.












3 comments:

Tamara Jacobs said...

so awesome that you guys did all that!!!!
you two are a beautiful couple. i'm sure that was a trip never to forget!

Davis' said...

That looks like it was absolutely incredible.. I still need to hear all about it....

love ya...

Staci Davies said...

Wow. Sounds like you worked so hard.(never anything less for you guys :). So many wonderful experiences for you both, and for the people you served, I'm sure. Way to go!