Saturday, September 27, 2008

Good Times, Good Times

So our lives have officially hit a new level of craziness. Robert had his first big test this week and studied like a mad man all day and night! But he did amazing! Not to mention he was able to accompany a surgeon on his private jet to Indiana to do a heart transplant. He said that it was an intense experience. I wish I could have gone except I probably would of passed out during surgery.. no joke! For anyone who knows Robert and his reputation for loosing things, you will be humored by the fact that when he was transporting the heart back to NYC the surgeon asked him where the cooler (heart) was, Robert didn’t remember where he put it. Moments later he remembered that the nurse had taken it to be iced. He thought it was pretty funny. I love my dear husband but should I be worried!! jk
It has been a learning and growing experience so far and we still have a lot of learning and growing to come. The longer we are in New York the more we fall in love with it. We found out that there is a pedestrian lane on the George Washington Bridge so Robert and I have been running a crossed it often. It is nice to have the view of New York City to distract you from the pain of running :)! On the other side of the bridge in New Jersey is a big park with huge trees and cliffs. When you are there you forget you are in NYC. There were even deer in the park!!
We enjoyed having Justin and Becca Hewitt out for a visit. They stayed with us for a couple of days and we loved seeing familiar faces. We went around with them to some of the cites and went and saw Greece on Broadway.. it was great …I highly recommend it!
The most excited news yet is that Robert and I were made Aunts and Uncles for the second time in 2 months! Robert's sister Sarah had a beautiful little girl. They named her Karlie Sarah Harris! We are excited to visit them in Virginia for Thanksgiving so we can love and spoil her.





10 comments:

Penrod Family said...

Yikes Robert, good for you. Linds about the running you are a champion, I am still trying to get my butt in gear. And I love the pic of Karli what a doll.

Chelsi said...

Your life sounds extra full but how fun that you get to live in NYC!!! I have always wanted to go there in the fall. How is it? I love that you are a school teacher, I always pictured you doing that. your darling! I bet the kids love you. Good Luck!

Lindsay said...

Okay that is hilarious about Robert forgetting where he put the heart!! And I am impressed with his post he did, it was fun to read, maybe I can show it to Cory and convince him he needs to post once in awhile! :) That's awesome that you already had visitors. I can't imagine jogging and getting to see the view of NYC every day, how awesome is that? I am so happy things are going so well. Lets talk again soon!

Loni said...

Hi Lindsay! I was doing a little blog hopping and came across your blog. Your guys sound SO busy! You look great and it's good seeing ya!

Randy, Courtney, and Noah said...

I'm glad you guys are doing so good! I can't believe how busy you both are. You are seriously amazing. I knew that you would fit right in with life in NYC. I miss you!

Arlene Heiner said...

It all looks pretty exciting. Remember we love you here in Utah. Keep up the good work

The Wilson's said...

Lindsay looks like you and Robert are having tons of fun! Looks like so much fun we might have to come and see you! Let me know when your coming back to Utah, I would love to see you:) Love ya!

Davis' said...

Linds I love you...

sportwood said...

I knew one day that Robert would transport living organs and get close to losing them.... ha ha ha! Sounds like you guys are doing good!

The Greenwoods said...

OH I would love a girls trip to NYC!! I will have to plan one soon :)