Sunday, November 2, 2014

October 2014

October was a month to remember. The first part of the month included getting ready for our little bundle and the second half included cuddling the bundle. I really tried to get out as much as possible with Annie the first few weeks of October. I wanted to soak up being able to give her all my attention. We spent a lot of time with her friends because that is when she is happiest! I was really worried how she would handle having to share her mom.
Rock Hill Parade... short, sweet and lots of candy! My kind of parade!
We decided to induce labor since I was worried that my mom wouldn't make it in time. The morning of October 12th was surreal. Leaving the house with one child and knowing the next time you walked through the door you would be parents of two!
It was a gloomy, rainy day but we got the best birthing room in the hospital. Windows all around and a view of the St. Louis temple. It didn't even compare to my NYC delivery room view but it wasn't too bad! The whole process was really quick. They gave me Pitocin and broke my water within the first 4 hours. My mom got to the hospital after taking Annie to church and then dropped her off at Dayna's house. I was worried about her all day because she never really spend much time away from me. My mom said she did awesome! I was giving an epidural when I was dilated at a 3/4 and started pushing an hour and half later. I pushed four times and our baby was here. I couldn't believe it all happened so fast. I kind of wasn't ready for it.
When he came out Dr. Rempe said "He's definatly bigger then Annie was! I'm guessing 8.4lbs" She was right on. He had the umplical cord wrapped around his neck so she quickly cut it and handed him to me. He was purple with huge lips. After they cleaned him up he screamed for several minutes. I laid him on my chest and stared at him. I couldn't get over the fact that I had a BOY. I automatically had a desire to protect him. He was 20 inches and 8.4 lbs. We named him William Blaine Staples
It was amazing to have my mom there to experience with us. I remember hearing her and Robert crying over my shoulder when he came out. My mom held him for a while awhile and it melted my heart to see them together.
 
 
 
 
I played how it would be for Annie to meet William over and over in my head. It went so much better then I could ever imagine. She walked right in the room and looked all around for him. I made her give me a hug and kiss first. Then Robert carried her over to him. She yelled "Wake up baby William! Daddy, make him wake up!" She gave him a present she got him and she opened a gift William gave her. It was a boy doll and doctor. We thought the gifts would lessen the blow and I think it was a perfect distraction.
The time spent in the hospital was wonderful. It was cozy weather and I just got to cuddle with William all day. I knew Annie was being well taken care of so I felt a lot of peace. I am so grateful to everyone who made it possible.
 
It was fun to have Aunt Yaya there for a few days on her UEA break!
WUMCHA Halloween Party
 
William is growing so fast I swear I can see him grow!
A month to remember!

No comments: