
I am so excited I can hardly stand it!! This week Robert and I went to New York for some of my job interviews. The first job interview I had was in the heart of the Bronx. I could not believe a place like this existed; we are talking about some extreme poverty (this is being compared to the African villages I worked in). The second we got off the subway everyone just stared at us. I had to leave Robert at a park while I went and interviewed. The interview went well but the whole time I was hoping my husband would still be alive by the time I was done with the interview. We both agreed that we didn’t have the best feeling about the school and area. I had almost given up hope for my dream of teaching in an inner-city school in New York but DREAMS DO COME TRUE. My last interview was in Brooklyn (also the name I want to name my first girl). The area could be compared to the Bronx but it had a lot better feel. The interview and my demo lesson went fabulous and I loved the faculty! They offered me the job on the stop. I start next Monday with training in Connecticut. It leaves me less time than I thought to say goodbye to Utah but it is worth it!!!
We also checked out our soon to be apartment. Our door man Charlie (the stereotypical door man with the New York accent) let us sneak a peak! The place is A LOT nicer than we expected and is perfect for guest to come visit!!!!! Not to mention the amazing view of the Hudson River and George Washington bridge!!! I know this is a long blog but I am just so excited!!!
Thanks Elias and Brit for letting us crash at your place! We love you!
How to Do Anything
1 day ago

14 comments:
oh my gosh lindsay that is awesome! i am so excited for you! it all sounds so amazing and i can totally picture your doorman. does he wear a hat? well if we ever make it up to ny do we have a place to stay?? haha? well if you ever come to disney your for sure can stay with us! so come! we need visitors!
LINDSEY!!! Holy crap...in a very nice way! I am so very excited for you! You are awesome!!!! They are so lucky to have you coming. You are an angel and they will feel that! I am excited for you both! Good Luck and remember to blog as often as possible!!
BEC
Lindsey, I always keep up on you and Taren's progress from your dad. It sounds like the perfect place for you to teach. We are so happy for you. I would love to get John to NY but it would take some taking. He is such a home body and doesn't like to travel much. I've been to NY twice and would love get John there. Tell Robert 'Hi" and good luck in at school. We love ya. Keep in touch with the blog. This blog thing has really been great for me to keep close to John, Melanie, Jess and Gio.
I am so excited for you! You are going to be great for those kids. Good luck with the move & getting settled. It's hard to leave home, but you guys are going to have so much fun! Love every minute!
Linds that is so cool that you are going to be in Brooklyn teaching, I love it there. I am out there at least once a year with my mom. And you know how much Anne loves you. We will have to play, when I am out there next.
That is awesome!!! Fun that you will be teaching in New York. I am sure it will be tough but way worth it. ANd guess what? I want to name my little girl Brooklyn too! What a cute name huh? Well good luck with everything!!!
Congrats Lindsay. I am such a dork and saw you today and did not even know. HELLO!!! Sorry. I can not believe you are leaving so quickly. Good luck, and I am so very excited for you and teaching. You will do an amazing job and will touch so many lives.
I am so excited that you found a job!!! Congratulations! We are so sad that you are moving, but very excited for you and Robert. Maybe we will see you tomorrow at church:)...
I'm soooo excited for you!!! You are seriously amazing! I can't wait to hear about all of your exciting adventures! I just wish you were closer to Indiana!
Linds that is AWESOME! I'm so excited for you! I can't wait to hear all about New York, your job, and I can't wait to come visit you!! I'll call ya soon :)
lindsay! hey, it's jenn goff. i'm so glad i found you! my sister-in-law is friends w/ your sister and i saw a picture of her and knew immediately that you were related! that is so rad that you are going to teach inner city kids back east!! i'm still doing a shared contract and teach every other day in 1st grade. i have 2 kids now! check out my blog... thegofffam.blogspot.com
i'm excited to keep updated on you now :) ttys
~jenn
Linds, congrats, I am so excited for you, you've earned it and I can't wait to come visit you!
Lindsay that is so exciting! You are going to have so much fun being a city girl! Are you coming back at all before you move? I want to say goodbye if you are.
Wow Lins, congratulations! New York is so much fun... but I can't believe you are moving! good luck with everything, I'm sure you guys will love it there!
Post a Comment